In the 1940s and 1950s, graduates of the Faculty of Fine Arts, many of whom traveled to Europe for study, played an important role in the provision of European works of art in Iran and their localization after World War II. According to Royan Paybaz, the Faculty of Fine Arts, which opened in 1940, can be considered the starting point of modern art movements in Iran. The faculty formed a merger of the two colleges of the School of Industrial Design and the School of Architecture. Although Andre Gödar and several Western professors worked at the faculty, but by 1942, and the removal of Reza Shah Pahlavi from power, the trend towards modern art was not pursued at this college. [15] In 1949, Godard left the faculty and left He presented himself to Mohsen Forooghi, a prominent Iranian architect who underwent office in 1962. [Needed Source] In 1946, during the first art exhibition of the Iranian-Soviet Cultural Society of Modern Iranian Art, stretching was seen in newer styles such as admiralty. However, since modern European art was considered new to the people of Iran, the first efforts of its pioneers in Iran was to bring the people of the country closer to modernity. Mahmoud Javadipour, Hossein Kazemi, and Jalil Ziapoor were among the pioneers who launched the first art galleries in Iran. Kazemi, along with Manouchehr Yektaei and Ahmad Esfandiari, began teaching at the Faculty of Fine Arts. [16] At the same time, modern Iranian artists launched several artistic circles, including the Dog Craft Association and the Apadana and Saba galleries. [1] Apadana Gallery The first gallery of its kind in Iran, though it had a short life from 1949 to 1950, provided the works of Hossein Kazemi and Hooshang Sanazi a start-up in showing the works of modern artists in Iran. The founder of Apadana, Mohammad Javadipur, was himself a pioneer in the art of retrieval and abstraction in Iran. [16] Also, most women's first-generation galleries in Iran were women; women like Masoumeh Sihoun, who were themselves modern painters and artists